Are you or do you know someone who is suffering from #Parkinson‘s Disease?
Tomorrow April 11th is World Parkinson’s Day, find out how to take part in helping the world understand what it’s like to live with the illness. #uniteforparkinsons
What is #UniteForParkinsons?
#UniteForParkinsons is a global Parkinson’s campaign – launched on 11 April 2017 by the EPDA and Parkinson’s UK. The campaign aims to raise unprecedented awareness of Parkinson’s around the world and to grow an active global Parkinson’s community.
Last year, people from 90 countries used the #UniteForParkinsons hashtag, and in 2018 we want to make an even bigger noise. With a bigger and more active community, we can encourage a bigger focus on Parkinson’s and the need for more collaborative research around the world. And with your help on 11 April 2018 – World Parkinson’s Day – we can show the world what living with Parkinson’s truly means.
In 2017, our aim was to engage the international Parkinson’s community in sharing a simple social media hashtag (#UniteForParkinsons). This year, we want to reach the broader public and to turn #UniteForParkinsons into a bigger, better and more impactful campaign to show the world what Parkinson’s truly is.
So, from now until the big day, we are asking as many people with Parkinson’s as possible to:
- Record a short video using your smartphone, camera or any device.
- Keep it short and simple, and make sure your audio is clear.
- Tell your own story! Show us your world. People need to hear your voice, appreciate your challenges and feel your successes. They need to know how Parkinson’s affects your life today. Tell us: what’s the most important thing to you right now?
- Be honest. Be brave. Be real.
- Please be aware that your video does not need to be in English – it can be in any language.
- Once your video is ready, share it – but make sure you use the #UniteForParkinsons hashtag! Post it on Facebook, upload it on YouTube, share it on Twitter. Embed it into your personal website or blog, if you have one. Get it out there, so as many people as possible can watch it and be inspired to do the same as you.
But above all: please remember to share your video again – using the #UniteForParkinsons hashtag – on World Parkinson’s Day, 11 April 2018. That is the big day where our united voice will count the most.
Of course, this campaign is not only for people with Parkinson’s. If you are a family member, carer, healthcare professional or somehow involved in the field of Parkinson’s, you can also help spread the word by using the #UniteForParkinsons hashtag and making your own videos showing your support for the campaign. But don’t forget to share your videos and use the #UniteForParkinsons hashtag on 11 April!
Need inspiration? Have a look at our video guidelines to get some tips on how to shoot your video.