The third Women’s Sport Leadership Academy (WSLA) will take place from 19-24 June 2016 at the University of Chichester in the UK.
19.06.2016 – 24.06.2016
University of Chichester
WSLA Introduction Booklet 2016 1.17 MB
WSLA 2016 aims to bring together forty outstanding women leaders, half from the UK and half from around the world, providing a unique learning environment that will support the women to further develop their leadership competencies.
Who is the WSLA aimed at?
We are seeking applications from women who:
- Are currently in middle management or recently appointed senior managers or board members of sport/sport-for-development organisations
- Have key areas of responsibility such as heading up a specific department/area/project for their organisation or have current responsibility for influencing people and/or managing staff
- Are identified as future leaders by their organisations
- Are committed to making a difference and enhancing opportunities for women and girls in and through sport
- Have good written and spoken English (please note that no translation service will be provided)
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous professional development
By the end of WSLA 2016 you will have:
- Further developed confidence and competence in a range of leadership behaviours
- Produced a Personal Development Plan with clear goals
- Developed career strategies
- Participated in regular networking
- Improved intercultural understanding
- Greater self-awareness
- Better knowledge and understanding of the global women and sport movement
- Access to international mentoring networks and have extended your own network